FinTech Product Manager
FinTech Product Manager
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you're up for the challenge?
Our West Monroe Product team, is looking for a FinTech Product Manager who would be responsible for defining and managing WMP financial platforms. This role will focus on building our financial infrastructure, ensuring integration between multiple financial and operational systems. The Product Manager will be responsible for the strategic and operational aspects of the Finance product portfolio and day to day operations of the tools.
The primary focus will be to work with the Finance leaders to deliver measurable value against a portfolio of tools leveraging a consistent process that provides visibility and supports strategy, execution, and operational aspects across the Finance product portfolio.
Our Product Manager must have a passion for technical and business collaboration, and desires to help build scalable Finance and QA applications for a growing organization. S/he is comfortable being a team player and a team leader, with a healthy balance of left and right brain skill sets. This candidate will serve as a hands-on product owner and needs to be a visionary product manager with strong attention to detail and a track record of managing solutions from concept through production and post implementation.
* Accountable for the entire product lifecycle, from planning through development, launch, and retirement phases.
* Mentorship in the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps and responsibility for communication and alignment of roadmaps at a senior level
* Focus on hunting for big ideas that identify and solve important problems faced by Finance teams and move beyond incremental features to a complete end-to-end solution
* Take ownership for a successful product outcome and anticipate needs across finance and QA functions, system development/IT, operations, and production support teams
* Develop and drive product strategy based on business objectives, competitive landscape, and resource constraints.
* Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop this strategy into an achievable roadmap.
* Work cross-functionally to drive the prioritization and delivery processes and the strategic communications around the roadmaps.
* Lead through process excellence and demonstrate effective project management skills for complex projects as well as anticipate likely risks and implement mitigation plans
* Create and Manage the backlog, often working through competing priorities
* Manage and facilitate and create business requirements / user stories, organize and facilitate prototype reviews and UAT, and support training delivery
* Set clear goals and envision / execute on the system roadmaps for the Finance systems
* Work with IT / vendors to estimate, implement, and build the right features / enhancements / break fixes & thoughtful, end-to-end solutions are a must
* Work with the leadership team to proactively suggest, define, launch, and drive organizational and operational initiatives.
* Develop and execute executive level communications and messaging (including weekly operational reports, issue analysis reports, and strategic presentations) to educate and influence key stakeholders
* Run operational cadence for the Finance and QA leadership team, including weekly and monthly operational meetings, bi-annual strategic planning event off-sites and ad hoc reporting and presentations.
* A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great cross team collaboration
* A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on
* Understanding of treasury, accounting, tax, analytics, and other finance subject matter experts to define business processes and rules to automate finance operational processes.
* Ability to manage entire product development life cycle including discovery, prioritization, design, development, user acceptance testing, pilot testing, and product launch.
* Extremely strong written, oral communication and presentation skills
* Experience working with SaaS products and services
* Deep functional experience with Financial ERP Systems with Hands-on experience in Financial systems such as Great Plains, Concur and ServiceNow a plus. Experience with Salesforce platform also a plus
* Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, finance, or similar, MBA a plus
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.