Director, Product Management
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a Director of Product Management at Grubhub, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the product roadmap and execution for a broad swath of initiatives for our Delivery organization. You will have direct responsibility for the oversight and thought leadership of multiple product managers and teams within the Grubhub organization. You will collaborate across the organization with Senior Leadership and critical business stakeholders, and be responsible for the the evolution and optimization of Grubhub’s delivery fulfillment experience. You will report directly into the VP, Product for the Grubhub organization, based in our Chicago office.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help lead and set the company’s strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with executive leadership, Grubhub’s technology team and various business teams, to articulate specific goals
- Establish key performance metrics for all Driver fulfillment experience across all platforms, develop long term strategies and products to improve them
- Create the vision and articulate the short and long term product strategy for our Driver product teams, ensuring alignment with the overall Product Roadmap for the larger Grubhub organization
- Own the core driver experience and optimization strategies ensuring delivery against them
- Be responsible for the leadership development of several Product leaders and product managers within the organization
You Should Have
- 12+ years experience with strong technical or product expertise including the ability to manage multiple Product teams
- Direct experience with large scale e-commerce platforms, with a focus on logistics in a web and native mobile application environment, and strong data analytics background
- 10+ years experience leading high-performance team in fast-paced organizations and environments
- Strong ability collaborate with C-level executives and across broad organizations including technology, marketing, sales, operations, and finance
- Demonstrated experience with working with demand forecasting and acquisition algorithms
- Demonstrated experience launching new products in high growth markets
- Familiar with product development in Agile and OKR methodologies preferably with squad or tribe structures
- Experience managing or providing guidance to virtual team members and or teams
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- BA required; MBA a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.