Customer Success Manager
All VelocityEHS employees have a role in delivering value across our customer base, but it is our Customer Success Managers (CSM) who are uniquely positioned to ensure the value is being received. CSMs collaborate with our top-tier customers to develop success plans designed to help them achieve their business objectives. They also establish trusted partnerships with these strategic customers with a goal of ensuring retention through increasing adoption and driving advocacy.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you are inquisitive, analytical, and relentless, and have a strong work ethic, then this is the job for you.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT AREN’T LIMITED TO:
- Serve as primary point of contact for MSDSonline’s strategic customers, own the customer experience, and drive successful outcomes
- Establish trusted strategic advisor relationships with top-tier customers during the pre-sale stage and maintain throughout the customer lifecycle
- Collaborate with customers to identify, define, and achieve business objectives through focused success planning
- Manage and resolve escalated, complex customer issues by leveraging product expertise, internal teams, and other available resources
- Develop and maintain VelocityEHS solution and industry expertise to advise customers on the best methods to achieve their goals
- Understand customers’ unique needs and identify opportunities to deliver value through added product solutions, projects, and professional services
- Advocate tirelessly on behalf of customers across teams and departments within VelocityEHS; be the voice of the customer
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant business experience in a customer-facing role(s)
- Demonstrated experience increasing customer satisfaction, product adoption, and retention
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment
- Familiarity working with executive level stakeholders
- Capable of influencing co-workers not in their direct span of control
- Skilled at understanding and explaining technical concepts and products
- Proactive and effective problem-solver
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Driven to succeed
- Empathetic—able to identify from a customer perspective and understand their business needs
- Inquisitive and an avid learner
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication, or a related field
- Knowledgeable about the field of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability
- 2+ years of experience in a Customer Success role, ideally for a company with a SaaS model
- Experience with Project Management and/or Consulting
- Experience with Salesforce.com, web conferencing tools (GoToMeeting), and Customer Success Management applications
At VelocityEHS (formerly MSDSonline) we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.