Casualty Product Specialist
Job Description Summary
The Casualty Product Specialist, as a key member of the Casualty Product Management team, provides guidance to internal and external stakeholders on how CCC’s Casualty products can resolve insurance carriers’ needs, serves as key source of industry knowledge, and actively participates and provides expert support in all phases of the product management life cycle.
The Product Management function at CCC owns and manages existing and new products through all phases of the product life-cycle from inception through retirement. This includes evaluating new market/customer needs and priorities, building business cases for new products, analytics solutions, and significant product enhancements, partnering internally and externally to ensure effective development and implementation of roadmaps, and define effective pricing and positioning for the market.
- Understand and articulate Casualty (auto accident bodily injury 1st party and 3rd party claims) bill review platform requirements, including key adjustment processes, claims management best practices, state level variations, and compliance considerations
- Generate quantitative and qualitative insights on the bill review process, workflow and professional services (e.g., medical reviews) from the standpoint of key users and stakeholders, including the insured, claims executives, adjusters, and third parties
- Perform competitive analysis, and work with internal teams - Sales, Consulting, Development, Ecosystem Management and Technical Support, to understand market needs
- Translate insights into business cases and product requirements
- Support Casualty product and analytics R&D by providing expert view on industry and customer data
- Define and communicate product positioning and strategic value both internally and externally
- Participate in key customer meetings and communicate CCC’s product vision, roadmap, and features to solicit feedback and support product adoption at insurance carriers
The ideal candidate will bring deep expertise in Casualty claims processes, insurance operations and workflow systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Minimum of 8 years with an insurance carrier’s claims department, or in a consulting or technical role, with gradually increasing level of responsibilities, focusing on Casualty claims management
- Deep understanding of 1st party and 3rd party Casualty claims processes, operations, roles, requirements, and complementary professional services (e.g., PHADs, IMEs)
- Working knowledge of at least one casualty bill review workflow platform
- Strong desire to learn about key aspects of the product management and technology development life-cycle; prior knowledge would be an asset
- Affinity for data analytics (e.g., claims and industry data), ability to translate findings into insights
- Excellent written communication skills, including preparing documentation and presentations
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with business partners, senior management executives, technical analysts, developers, and other cross functional staff
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!