Business Analyst - Product Team
What is SMS Assist?
SMS Assist is one of America’s fastest-growing technology companies and is revolutionizing the multisite property management market with a network of over 20,000 subcontractor Affiliates and 140,000+ client locations, all using the SMS proprietary technology platform.
This technology allows radical transparency of all services performed, so every service is done on time and on budget for our growing list of national and Fortune 500 clients. We aren’t just technology experts. SMS Assist has a 24/7 operational command center at its Chicago headquarters, staffed by highly trained project managers and subject-matter experts focused on delivering knowledgeable, responsive service for every client need.
Core Responsibilities of the Business Analyst:
- Communicate with internal/external clients, write related documentation for our newest roll-outs.
- Plan and design medium-complexity maintenance and enhancements, reports, forms, interfaces, and data conversions.
- Test application software as needed and coordinates resolution of issues.
- Understands business processes and develops practical and efficient process designs, documentation, and user procedures.
- Assist internal/external users as needed.
- Work closely with the development team to make sure that the completed software meets requirements and yields the expected results.
Basic Requirements for the Business Analyst:
- Strong technical understanding/background
- Strong attention to detail
- Business Acumen
- Excellent Communication skills, including verbal and written (Candidates should submit a writing sample)
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong Problem-solving and Interpersonal Skills
- Proficient in working independently and as a team
- BA/BS Degree
- Basic understanding of development life cycles and methodologies
- Familiar with UML Use Cases and Activity Diagrams
- 3 years + professional Business Analyst experience
Additional Requirements for the Business Analyst:
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.