Associate Product Manager
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
We now have more genomic data than ever before, but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, we empower physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology.
On the Product team at Tempus, you’ll be on the front lines of our battle to develop and deliver cutting-edge, modern technology into the hands of clinicians. The software we’re developing is the culmination of input from scientists, clinicians, pathologists, engineers, data scientists, and some of the top academic oncology centers in the world. We’re expanding the Product team that brings those inputs together to design, scope, and build solutions to some of the toughest problems in cancer care.
What You'll Do:
- Immerse yourself in the tough problems we’re solving, and team with scientists, engineers, and designers to develop elegant software solutions to solve those problems
- Be on the front lines of the day to day challenges we face. Solve scientific, engineering, and user experience problems because of your gained expertise in your product.
- Work with developers, scientists, and operations teams to deliver product releases that are stable in production and that satisfy scalability, reliability, and performance goals
- Test release candidates and participate in the Product Management approval process for deployments
- Lead operational change management for production changes and any related workflow impacts
- Serve as the direct line of communication with users of your products to maintain a constantly evolving backlog of future enhancements
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- 2+ years of relevant experience with Python, or similar programming languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to act as translator among diverse teams of biologists, medical professionals, engineers, operators, and data scientists.
- Experience with software development and project management tools (JIRA, Trello, etc.)
- A history of building and using product analytics to drive decisions using tools such as SQL, Tableau, Plotly
- Ability and interest to quickly ramp up on new concepts in the fields of genomics, oncology, and software development