Associate Product Manager
Cappex's mission is to help millions of high school students each year realize their dreams of discovering and getting into the right college for them. We get excited about converting a confusing, high-stress time in a student's life and turning it into a simple, organized, pursuit for the perfect fit. Cappex is growing and needs innovators like you to support our mission. Join our team today and help connect students to their dreams.
As an Associate Product Manager at Cappex, you will assume ownership of existing products as well as new initiatives. You will take these initiatives through our entire agile software development lifecycle by defining and driving those products. You should have a solid grasp on data analytics, strategy, and Agile methodologies in order to deliver a high-quality product that delights users and helps our company grow. If you're an outgoing Product person who thrives on user and customer engagement then make a big impact in a student's life and join our team.
- You will be a SME, evangelizer, and advocate for our student and our college customers
- Deliver world-class products to both desktop and mobile users
- Become an expert of our products and market space to create an optimal product development strategy.
- Break down requirements and specifications into job stories and feature designs. Facilitate clear understanding and provide concise and accurate direction for our UX, design, development, and QA teams.
- Consolidate data into user stories and necessary product requirements
- Collaborate with UI/UX team, product scrum team, and product leaders to establish timeline workflows and goals
- Ensure product aligns with company mission and goals
- Define and maintain product KPIs, and use them to measure/report progress and project success/failure
- Work with stakeholders on client implementations
- 1 - 2 years previous experience as a product owner, business analyst, or in a related field as a product manager; at least 1 year in an agile development environment
- Demonstrated delivery of complex products to market on time and of high quality
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong attention to detail and passion to get the product right
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Experience working with a team of Visual Designers and UX specialists preferred
- Prior work with web delivered products, managing products for mobile devices a plus
- Must be able to manage priorities against needs of users, customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Experience with JIRA a plus
All applications will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest, but will only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.
Equal Opportunity Employer