Associate Product Manager
About the Company
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies, the country’s largest nonprofits, and all levels of government to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best organizations operate.
We are looking for individuals from a wide range of backgrounds with demonstrated problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
About the Role
As an Associate Product Manager, you will work with Engineering, Design, Data Scientists, Sales, and Marketing teams to evolve the software for one of our key products. This role is for Civis Identity Resolution, a product that forms the foundation for high-quality person level modeling and analysis. We help clients build a more complete, comprehensive view of their customers. This includes solving problems such as linking together data from a variety of sources to create a unique, stable identity for each individual. We aim to solve these core business problems by bringing not only data and science, but the scientific method into the products we launch.
You’ll be a great fit at Civis Analytics if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- Aptitude to quickly learn agile principles, processes, and development
- Comfort with making connections between how complex technical issues impact both end users and Civis
- Ability to break down problems into clear user stories, prioritize them, and works closely with Design, Engineering, and Data Science to drive them to completion
- A track record of being a great communicator and self starter who isn’t afraid to get in the weeds and truly understand the product you are building
- A passion to pursue voice of the customer, including: market research and soliciting user feedback
- Strong project management skills
- Empathy towards users
- Strong proficiency in creating inventive and unique software solutions
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience, startup experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of Jira
- Basic understanding of roadmapping
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Experience with data or analytics technologies