Associate Product Manager
When you're a small, fast-growing tech company, product is everything. Here at CraftJack, the associate product manager will be a key player, making critical decisions that drive this multi-sided (B2B and B2C) business. Being apart of a growing company, you'll have the opportunity to help develop the cadence and processes that define a product-driven organization. You will work closely with a very talented development team and CTO, and report directly to the senior product manager.
CraftJack is an emerging online referral service that is an operating brand of HomeAdvisor, the leading online marketplace helping homeowners and home service professionals connect. We're still a fast-growing company with a focus on building real products that solve real problems, and this is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage.
What’s in your future
As part of our product team at CraftJack, you’ll be responsible for playing a role in the discovery, development, and delivery of the best possible experience(s) that will enable homeowners to find and hire the right professional for their project; and for home improvement professionals to manage homeowner contacts across our platform in the most effective and efficient way possible.
What we look for in a candidate
In this specific role, CraftJack is seeking an associate product manager with a diverse skill set that can work across 1-2 agile teams, providing contributions in the form of: story writing, prioritization and effective backlog management. Essentially, we are looking for specific individuals who have a passion for building software solutions, who are passionate about working in an agile environment that believe in the mission of strengthening our platform and services for both homeowners and home improvement professionals. Applicants with strong communication skills and a general comfort managing-up and within the team is also a plus.
What you’ll do:
- Help drive and execute the product vision – if you don’t own it and believe it, who will?
- Under the direction of a senior product manager, you will work closely and collaboratively with a team of designers, engineers
- Develop a keen sense of our customer’s needs as well as the competitive and market landscape
- Assist in collecting whatever data is necessary to inform product improvements – specifically user attitudes and behaviors
- Work with analysts to dig into the data until the facts are clear. Share findings, and turn them into actionable items for the business
- Author product specifications for proposed features and functionality as well as detailed product requirements/user stories
- Exhibit good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated leadership ability and potential for future growth
- A bias toward action: preferring to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- To constantly advocate for the user and their needs
- 1-2 years of relevant experience: consumer or B2B web product development, business analysis, and requirement writing
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment with a track record of working well with designers, developers, testers, marketing, and executives
- A track record of taking ownership over projects and helping them succeed: you make solid judgments, have good intuition, and reach decisions quickly
- A savvy balance of independence and collaboration: You don't need to wait to ask for direction, but know when slowing down to create buy-in is critical
- A sharp analytical mind: All your decisions are data-driven and supported by the data and research you’ve collected
- Comfort with basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and reporting on results
- Strong collaboration skills: You strongly prefer working in teams, but you're comfortable working independently as well
- Strong organization skills
- Self-motivation with ability to work under limited supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborating with Development, QA, UX
- Requirement Writing
- Business Analysis
- SQL experience a plus
Compensation & benefits:
We have a comfy office, casual culture, Sonos for your favorite music, snacks and coffee, a game room, as well as beer from our local craft breweries. We offer a competitive compensation and our benefits package is second to none with 401(k) plan with employer match, paid vacation, paid holidays, plus extensive health, dental and vision coverage.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/