Associate Product Manager
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic yet far less expensive digital content. Partnering with more than 400+ publishers and 640+ campuses nationwide, we offer leading-edge digital course materials and a seamless, end-to-end Content Delivery System for effectively distributing those materials.
The Associate Product Manager will be paired with a Product Manager and will be mentored in the product areas owned by the Product Manager. The Associate Product Manager will support the Product Manager in a variety of tasks related to product design, quality assurance, troubleshooting, training, and communications. In this role, the Associate Product Manager will gain expertise in one or more product areas and build a foundation of product management knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a product advocate; promote your product to ensure clients are extracting value from what we are delivering.
- Break down capabilities into user stories, prioritize them, and work closely with UX and development teams to make these stories come to life.
- Perform quality testing and maintain quality assurance processes
- Troubleshoot product issues
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert within the assigned product areas.
- Liaise with other business groups including Sales, Marketing, and Software Development to define product requirements.
- Assist with the creation of wireframes that clearly convey product features and functionality to a web designer and contribute to the web/graphics design effort.
- 3+ years of experience working in online product management; creating innovative, customer-facing features or relevant experience.
- Solid SQL skills and familiarity with general database design concepts.
- Project Management skills and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical related field
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.