Product Owner (Local or Remote)
At Paylocity, we are committed to expansion of our world-class suite of web-based software. Already a leading SaaS provider of Payroll, HR, Time & Labor Management, Online Benefits Enrollment, and Data Integration solutions, we are looking for talented individuals to ensure we continue to make it easier for our customers to do their jobs.
Our Product Development organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds. Guided by our shared values, and a passion for compelling software we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
The Product Owner is a key leader within Product Development and works with a dedicated product team. S/he is responsible for creating a product vision of what needs to be built, and championing this vision to the product team through creation of business objectives, epics and user stories.
S/he should have a talent for conveying a clear and compelling narrative and an enthusiasm for creating vital functionality, while striving to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite.
This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to think strategically about our products and act tactically. This in-turn will ensure we continue to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Establish a point-of-view about the product vision and align business owner and product stakeholders to that vision
- Translate product vision into prioritized and deliverable epics and user stories.
- Coordinate with other Product Owners to establish overall release goals and identify dependencies for cross-product initiatives.
- Drive continuous improvement; share lessons learned and contribute to the development of the agile practices
- Adjust product priorities based on actual experience and user feedback
- Facilitate and guide product planning, stakeholder interactions, and demos
- Work with internal and external customers to fully understand and conceptualize features and work flows related to those features
- Create, maintain, prioritize and own the product backlog
- Make the final determination on feature acceptance and what ships
- Understand the competitive landscape and balance but not be beholden to it
- Act as the voice of the customer, answer product related questions, and provide overall direction.
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- 5+ years of experience in Payroll / Human Capital Management, preferably at a SaaS provider
- Deep domain expertise in payroll, benefits, time & labor, or human capital management.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Certified Scrum Product Manager (CSPO) certifications, a plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, technology skills, written and oral communication skill