PHP Developer - Mid to Senior Level
Growing leader in online health
Veritas Health is a leader in building online patient engagement health sites. We've developed the world’s most visited back pain website (www.spine-health.com with ~ 20 mm monthly views) and we are launching new sites, including www.arthritis-health.com, www.sports-health.com, www.osteoporosis-health.com.
Seeking passionate PHP developers
You will be part of a team that delivers a best-in-class experience for our audience. If you are an energetic problem solver who is comfortable wearing many hats and getting stuff done right the first time, this may be the right fit for you.
What we are looking for in you:
If you like the idea of building innovative and custom features, improving and advancing existing features, and ensuring operational excellence – for a company whose core mission is to help people find the best solutions for their ongoing health problems – you should talk to us. We are looking for strong problem solvers to help us tackle the big and the small, including projects such as (actual projects in the queue):
- Re-launching our doctor directory with new features and a fresh look
- Creating custom Drupal modules while leveraging a common code base (Drupal profile/distribution) that streamlines development across multiple sites
- Flexable, snapshotable Virtualbox where you can get your hands dirty with our efficient 4-layer caching system on a LEMP stack, all without blowing up a production server
- Crafting and testing site features for desktop and mobile to improve traffic metrics and advertising revenue
- Creation of an author portal, media asset management utility, and an automated advertising system
- Enhancements to our new forums system in (Vanilla Forums)
You can check out functionality, such as our custom doctor finder (leverages the Views module) - http://www.spine-health.com/doctor - to see how we are using PHP and Drupal 7 in innovative ways to achieve our business goals.
We want to talk to you if you:
- Are a confident, independent problem solver
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility to manage your own work time – and have the self-discipline to meet deadlines
- Thrive in an environment that values thorough research of possible paths, scalable long term solutions, and good documentation
- Are looking for a full time employee position with an entrepreneurial but established, stable and highly profitable company
- Seek a reasonable work/life balance (where you really can get home in time to hit the boxing gym, do intramural flag football, brew your own beer, take your kid to swim practice, and take vacations…). No travel or 80-hour work weeks expected (well possible, but rare).
We have immediate openings for a talented developers to add to our small team of developers and designers.
- MySQL (MariaDB)
- HTML / CSS (we use HTML 5 and CSS 3)
- Familiarity with a content management system, ideally Drupal (we currently use Drupal 7), Joomla, or Wordpress
- Linux (Centos 6)
- VirtualBox (Used for sandbox & development environments)
- Website optimization (front and backend caching): Varnish, Memcache, APC
- Git code revision system (or similar)
- Mobile web development (RESS)
A great place to work
We are a relatively small, quiet and focused group of individuals who publish, organize and market the highest quality health information on the web. We are passionate about what we do. Casual dress, intense focus, results – that’s us. Competitive pay, ergo-friendly workspace (including stand-up desks and ball chairs), medical insurance – company pays 90%, 401k plan with company match, paid vacation/holiday/personal days, flex hours and summer hours, free drinks and snacks.
We have been around since 1999, and we are profitable and completely self-funded.
We are looking for full-time individual applicants in the North Chicago area for our Deerfield office. It is easily accessible by public transportation (Metra) and by car.