Packaging & Indirect Spend Manager
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Packaging & Indirect Spend Manager: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. Our explosive growth is propelled by cohesive planning and flawless execution. Our No B.S. bars are made up of simple, no B.S. ingredients and we believe managing our supplier relationships and indirect materials is key to the organization’s long-term success.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement, the Packaging & Indirect Spend Manager will be accountable for the development and execution of all packaging, display and indirect materials the organization purchases. The Packaging & Indirect Spend Manager will work towards continuous supplier improvement and manage relationships with key category suppliers and business stakeholders. Additionally, the Category Manager will oversee cross-functional projects, drive operational efficiencies and generate value creation across the organization.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of packaging, displays, shippers and indirect categories, including the category strategies, category sourcing plans, spend analytics, supplier evaluations & performance management, program management, market research, and various other strategic initiatives
- Provide analytical support for negotiations and pricing agreements in alignment with category strategy
- Provide commodity and industry knowledge to key stakeholders on market trends, suppliers, and technical packaging specifications
- Own supplier relationship management (including supplier performance and risk management) with key packaging and display strategic partners
- Manage relationships with Marketing, Finance, Logistics and Sales to ensure all stakeholder requirements are captured and considered in category strategies and for downstream planning & execution
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities to reduce/optimize indirect material spend and increase visibility into spend; set and manage purchasing thresholds across all departments and develop processes to meet category goals
- Oversee and monitor ROI & process improvement efforts across the organization to standardize procurement related processes and policies
- Act as a procurement liaison to internal stakeholders to ensure alignment in process compliance
- Lead sourcing and RFP initiatives for all packaging, display & indirect spend categories
- Work with R&D on new product innovation to source, produce and deliver all packaging needs in line with the overall product/program strategy
- Partner closely with RXBAR’s quality team and apply knowledge of regulatory & foods safety guidelines as they relate to specific packaging requirements
- Act as liaison with Operations, Warehousing, Fulfillment, Logistics, Marketing & Suppliers to optimize the design of packaging/displays to deliver operational efficiencies and cost reductions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or related field
- 5+ years’ experience across supply chain, with focus in purchasing, sourcing, operations, and contract negotiation
- Strong analytical, business process and problem-solving capabilities
- Deep understanding of the packaging and corrugate market is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong understanding of consumer products and food manufacturing is desirable
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.