U.S. NETWORK ARCHITECT – GLOBAL NETWORKING
McDonald's Corporation continues to grow and expand!
We are one of most recognized brands in the world. In 2018, we have been rated as a top 10 place to work in Chicago. As a modern, progressive “Tech” company, we are continually changing the Retail Food Service industry. Working in our Technology sector of the corporation will provide you with challenging work, rewarding career opportunities, and one of the best comprehensive benefits packages in the industry.
We are currently looking for a NETWORK ARCHITECT, to be based in our new MHQ in downtown Chicago.
The Global Networking team provides managed network services for McDonald’s data centers, cloud computing services and international markets (countries) across the globe through partners in an IT Outsourced and Managed Service Provider environment. We are looking for an experienced Network Architect who will lead network architecture activities across McDonald’s network landscape.
The selected candidate will partner with application stakeholders, solutions architects, network service managers and market IT leads to define requirements, develop strategy and design network infrastructure and services to meet the needs of the business.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
· Working with people across a global organization
· Evolving and modernizing technologies and services to align with business priorities
· Leading innovation linked to business benefits
· Gathering and understanding business/technical IT infrastructure requirements
· Interacting with and influencing our IT partners
· Serving as a technical subject matter expert
• Lead, and/or support, the network architecture activities in our portfolio, including:
o Cloud and On-premise data centers
o Office and restaurant WAN, LAN and WLAN
• Support the development of our network strategy and roadmap in partnership with the cloud, data center and network service manager
• Partner with internal application stakeholders, solutions architects, network service managers and market IT leads to define requirements, develop strategy and design network infrastructure and services to meet the needs of the business
• Define, document and communicate network standards and best practices for market and corporate customers
• Provide network expertise and leadership to the business and IT functions
• Create and maintain strong relationships with corporate and market teams to ensure strong and effective engagement in technology discussions
• Gain an understanding of the varied market (country) architecture and support network standardization efforts
• Participate in Architecture Review Boards, representing Global Networking
Please Note: We will NOT be able to offer immigration sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position!
• B.S/B.A degree Computer or Tech background, or Math/Science or 5+ years of equivalent professional experience
• CCNP/CCDP or equivalent certification is REQUIRED
• 3+ years’ experience in an enterprise network design/architect role gained in large global organizations
• 2+ years of professional experience of network environments with global branch, campus, data center and cloud environments
• 2+ years of professional experience in the majority of the following technical network background areas: data center networking, AWS, Azure, VPN, MPLS, Cisco Routing & Switching, WAN optimization, Load Balancers, Global Traffic Manager, Cisco on premise and Meraki LAN & WLAN, high availability campus and WAN design architecture
• 2+ years of professional experience with Cisco enterprise products
• Any experience of working and collaborating in a globally dispersed team
• A motivated, driven individual able to use their initiative to make an immediate impact in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Ability to think globally and strategically, to drive change in a complex global organization.
• Ability to understand business challenges, drive process improvements and translate into solutions.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business friendly language.
• A customer-focused approach to liaise with internal customers (both IT and non-IT) through regular business engagements and service escalations.
• A strong team player with a willingness to learn, engage and build relationships with both internal colleagues and external partners.