Technical Operations Director
The Technical Operations Director at VillageMD upholds maximum availability of our products to our physician partners and their patients. For us, this means being as proactive as possible, and building a culture of controlled deployments, proactive monitoring, and automated testing to ensure any chance of disruptions are caught before they can even occur. We will look to you to create a standard, and implement robust processes that immediately address any potential production issues.
At VillageMD, we have built our technology by standing on the shoulders of giants in the tech space. We leverage proven open source technologies developed at Airbnb, Amazon, and Facebook. We participate in the open source ecosystem inclusive of the data ontology, OHDSI. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with counterparts from engineering, infrastructure, security and compliance, operations and product teams. Your goal will be to build scalable, secure and compliant solutions to maximize the up-time of VillageMD's technology products.
What are examples of work that Technical Operations Directors have done at VillageMD?
- Built monitoring and alerting tools for critical processes
- Executed data procedures to ensure timely delivery of information to the operations teams across all markets
- Stood up a service desk function for the entire company
- Established security and compliance requirements through automation and reporting
What will make you successful here?
- You thrive in a fast paced, startup environment
- You are passionate about healthcare and data
- You are excited to build lightweight IT operations functions
- You understand technology and the impact on operations when there are disruptions
- You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You seek out opportunities to improve processes or tools, and then design, advocate and implement improvements
- You value humility and believe in gaining trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Production control; build out and create adherence to robust production control processes
- Support; build out a team of support professionals to ensure streamlined data operations
- Comply; instill a culture of security throughout the engineering organization using appropriate tools and processes
- Collaborate; work with operational teams to understand data and the reasons for delay in acquisition from health systems and/or payers
- Educate; build proactive alerting for the appropriate individuals or team for when information is delayed or systems are functioning slowly
- Interpret; analyze data to understand trends and make informed decisions on where to allocate resources and effort
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5+ years of full-time experience in building production operations teams
- Experience with clinical and financial healthcare complexities
- Proficient in SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to convey complex technical details in meaningful business context
- Track record of effective communication across various disciplines
- Experience with noSQL databases (Elastic search, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra, Redis) is a plus
- BS or MS in an analytical discipline, such as information management systems, engineering, science, finance, or economics
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.