We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
As a Team Lead in Market Operations, you will be responsible for a team of Operations Specialists. You will oversee the workflows and day to day operation tasks of the team for a specific marketplace. You will manage projects and work with a strategic lens to ensure a proactive and great experience for our diners. You will collaborate across the team and provide day to day to direction and support to your team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead a team of operations specialists who are responsible for managing order level execution while surpassing service and experience metrics
- Provide day to day direction, addressing complex deliveries and real time issue escalations for restaurants, customers and drivers
- Monitor business performance metrics to ensure workforce alignment with company goals and objectives. Measure business impact of market decisions
- Work closely with Market Managers to incorporate and quantify teams feedback and identify opportunities to help deliver on service, profitability, and growth expectations
- Create a positive and focused team environment by expecting high performance levels, promoting empowerment and good judgment, and communicating with transparency
- Coach and provide oversight as needed to support attainment of quality and performance metrics
- Provide guidance to team members on how to leverage data to make thoughtful decisions. Develops the team’s critical thinking skills
- Participate in new programs and processes to improve diner, restaurant, driver and employee satisfaction
- Flex to new pressures and adjust to new priorities quickly
- Communicate updates and business context to team as needed, sharing not only the what, but the why
You Should Have
- 4+ years experience of relevant work in operations or logistics
- People management a plus
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong ability to coach and motivate others
- Strong ability to influence others and collaborate in a team based environment
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- E-Commerce or experience in Logistics is preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits
* Medical, Dental, Vision and other voluntary benefits
* 401K plan with guaranteed match
* Employer Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Benefits
* Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
*Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
*Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.