Team Lead, Fraud
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
We are searching for a Team Lead for our Fraud team. This role is the main driver of team results daily through tracking and being responsible for the performance of assigned departmental productivity and quality targets. You ensure team tasks are achieved by providing specific direction to the front line in Chicago and cursory mentorship to the Consumer Fraud Team in North America. This team and the lead will work to ensure company policies and guidelines are being upheld. They need to identify issues, develop a strategy, then implement those solutions to their problems while not requiring constant input from a supervisor, but consistent with overall direction as established by the North American Consumer Fraud Manager and Global Head of Consumer Fraud and Payments.
The Team Lead should use either the resources provided and/or delegate assignments to the team and themselves as needed. This should be done with a confident and encouraging attitude in order to instill collective team spirit. In this role requires your time will be split with 70% working on operational issues, 20% communicating, and 10% of your time reporting.
We’re a “best of both worlds” kind of company. We’re big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We’re curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You will be responsible for the team through their day-to-day processes, working alongside them when performing front line tasks
- Act as a primary point of contact for critical issues for all fraud related queries and issues inside and outside the department
- You should utilize good judgment with regard to both substantive fraud and team administrative issues, independently, with a firm understanding of the types of issues that should be raised to the manager, Global Head of Fraud and Payments, and Director of Risk Management
- You will train new team members on tasks after onboarding, provide ongoing training to current team members on an as needed basis, and update training materials as processes evolve
- Tackle specific, deadline-oriented projects and expertly work well with leaders in other departments
- Communicate daily with the manager regarding team updates and fraud trends
- Exchange inter-departmental requests and be available for vendor-facing tasks
- Use data driven reporting to identify high-level observations on Chargeback and Fraud trends. Distribute reports and trends to partners with operational suggestions and suggested long term implications
- Imprint a motivational and positive approach when working with and helping team members
- Bachelor's degree
- Team management experience, at least 1-2 years + is preferred
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Excel is required
- Experience with Cyclops and/or Accertify programs is a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.