Systems Engineer at SpringCM - a DocuSign Company
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
As a Systems Engineer, you will work on deploying, securing and updating our data center and virtualization infrastructure. You will collaborate closely with members of the Infrastructure and DevOps teams and assist with various projects to upgrade systems and develop streamlined, automated processes. The ideal candidate will have solid experience administering VMware, enterprise storage systems and server hardware, an understanding of how to implement best practices for security and performance as well as experience with administrative scripting. To be successful in the Systems Engineer role you will need to partner with other members of the operations, engineering and QA teams. Some work outside of normal business hours will be required.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to Director of Global Infrastructure.
- Update VMWare infrastructure with the latest releases, patches and updates on a monthly basis
- Work closely with the operations security team to assist with their monthly continuous monitoring reports and to ensure the remediation of reported security vulnerabilities in the VMWare infrastructure.
- Work with members of the DevOps team to evaluate and improve VMWare security and performance configurations
- Install and support the full range of data center hardware, including servers, blades, enterprise storage systems and network devices
- Assist in monitoring, problem-solving and issue resolution for the full range of data center hardware and VMware-based components of the infrastructure
- Rotating 24/7 on-call support schedule
- Monitor for system alerts and provide hands on resolution of incidents
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology or another related field
- 5+ years’ experience supporting a VMWare environment.
- Experience using scripting languages to configure and administer systems, such as PowerShell, vSphere PowerCLI, BASH, Python
- Hands-on experience with VMWare performance tuning, including both Windows and Linux virtual machines.
- Experience supporting enterprise storage systems
- Knowledge of networking principles and design
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Security Fundamentals and Group Policy
- Knowledge of Load and Stress Testing methodologies
- A good understanding of software development principles
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Experience in an Agile / sprint-based work schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail
- Natural aptitude for teaching and ambitious to learn from others in a collaborative team environment
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.