Strategic Client Director
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success..
To thrive as a member of the Foursquare sales team, your ambition should match our world-changing aspirations. We are a close-knit team that works hard, striving to craft an experience that will touch the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
About this Position:
Foursquare is seeking an experienced and seasoned sales professional in our Midwest territory to call direct to top Fortune 100 brands with Retail and QSR vertical expertise focused on driving long term and large revenue driving partnerships. You are a highly motivated, proactive self-starter who can operate in a fast moving environment. This role entails developing a keen understanding of the client's business and organization while developing deep relationships across their C-suite and beyond. Our Strategic Client Partner is the principal representative between Foursquare and their senior client leadership team of a focused group of 3 - 4 clients. You are at the center of our internal and external ecosystem of data and products to help structure and develop strategy for long term, cross product partnerships. You already have a deep understanding of how location data and technology can be utilized by decision makers in these environments, and will help to define Foursquare’s approach and grow our portfolio.
Foursquare’s location intelligence is embedded in an ever expanding range of digital consumer experiences across a wide range of businesses. Our platform powers leading applications in marketing, media, communication, dating, ride hail, transit, social media and navigation. It is also relied on by decision makers in QSR, retail, finance and spirits who seek an edge over the competition. Our partners use our Places database, location technologies, Pinpoint media, and Attribution to solve large-scale business problems, engage users and prove ROI on their media investment. Foursquare’s well-known consumer apps are built on top of the same powerful platform that powers the likes of Samsung, Apple, TenCent, Twitter, Uber and Microsoft (among others).
This role can be based out of large Midwest territories including Chicago and/or Minneapolis and will require up to 50% travel.
- Negotiate and close long term partnerships across our suite of products including media, attribution, data and technology
- Develop valuable relationships across the entire range of your clients’ organization including their C-Suite
- Build, manage and report on a robust pipeline
- Set, meet and exceed revenue expectations across 3 - 4 top clients while developing 3 - 5 year business plans
- Seek to understand Client’s business objectives to ensure Foursquare cross-suite solutions are positioned appropriately
- Serve as liaison and partner to agency lead
- Develop thought leadership on client’s business and industry
- Successfully work across the organization and establish strong relationships with internal partners
- 7+ years of relevant sales, consultancy or enterprise experience selling and structuring large and multi year revenue driving partnerships
- Successful track record as a sales and marketing consultant leader in driving long term and large revenue generating programs
- Experience with QSR or Retail clients in the Midwest in particular with Target, Walmart or McDonald’s
- Direct experience with data partnerships and integrations within DMP/DSPs, SDK, API, CRM matches
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Ability to navigate through long and potentially complex deal cycles
- Experience showing consistent results and correctly managing pipelines
- MBA or equivalent preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.