Sr. Producer, Events
The Senior Producer position is responsible for planning, executing, programming, marketing and ticketing various tronc and custom client events. The ideal candidate will have a solid events background, including a proven record of creating and implementing event operations, production, content, sponsorships, event ticketing and marketing plans. This position will manage various projects including but not limited to planning, executing, and implementing tronc events and event components, developing and curating content, building sponsored activations, developing budgets, onsite production, sponsorship activation and client servicing, event teardown, full scope marketing campaigns, and national ticketing oversight. Working in a team environment, the Producer will work with event team members, across departments and with all tronc markets on a variety of events and initiatives to support audience development, programming enhancements, content integration, ticket sales, custom event business and revenue growth.
- Manage various tronc events and custom events from concept through logistical execution including the timely delivery of all deadlines and materials ensuring fiscally responsible development and execution, with appropriate accountability and oversight on all assigned projects.
- Implementation of client sponsorships. Liaison for the client pre, post and during the duration of events; physically setting up and tearing down event site and activation, manage proper engagement throughout event, executing marketing and promotions to drive client relationships and ensure future event opportunities.
- Creation and Implementation of promotional marketing strategies including overall event marketing, digital and print media buys, PR, social media promotions, event ticketing and partner cross promotions.
- Create and update various department reports, track event results, budgets, staffing, volunteers, and internal KPI recaps.
- Coordinate the Implementation of the national ticketing platform into all markets and events.
- Work with national event departments and business units on national ticketing, ticketing logistics, ticket reporting and ticket sales forecasts.
- Work with the programming team to book and program talent for various events. Negotiate talent fees, create event logistics and advance with talent and their representatives. Facilitate talent and participants travel arrangements.
- Coordinate with local leadership, sponsorship, editorial and marketing teams for recruiting and curating unique and engaging event experiences and speakers.
- Cultivate new and existing internal and external partnerships to leverage value to tronc events and help build custom event business.
- Create and present new event ideas and concepts to increase revenue.
- Deliver robust onsite content and offerings to drive consumer revenue, audience and sponsor engagement.
- Liaison with restaurants, media partners, chambers of commerce, local leaders and influencers and other audience and content drivers.
- Maintain onsite vendor relationships to enhance consumer experience for scaled event initiatives.
- Re-negotiate vendor contracts and hire new national and local vendors to gain cost savings.
- Knowledge of sweepstakes and contest legal parameters including skills in rule writing and prize fulfillment.
- Ability to manage onsite staff ranging from 2-30 people at events.
- Occasionally transport materials for use at events, collateral, signage, etc. using personal vehicle.
- Negotiate contractual agreements for vendors, venues, partnerships, sponsorships, talent in order to achieve the greatest benefits and cost savings for our event brands and for our clients.
- Miscellaneous administrative support with budgets, programming, ticketing, custom events, sales and marketing.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related events, production, and marketing experience
- At least 4-5 years related experience
- Highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Proven record of successful relationship management and development
- Ability to communicate productively with diverse groups, departments and individuals
- Extensive experience dealing with high profile clients and providing a high level of client care.
- Accomplished at multi-tasking and managing projects within cross-functional teams, while remaining results-oriented and deadline-driven.
- Maintains and communicates vision and integrity of content as determined by relevant parties.
- Represents organization as related to specific events. Requires limited guidance.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and maintain professional customer service skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be key decision maker both onsite and in a business setting.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and be able to interact effectively with other team members, management and customers
- Manage multiple projects, manage time wisely, and prioritize projects and people while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Solution driven with a high degree of resourcefulness, problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Travel occasionally required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and social media.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid drivers’ license.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Producers must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be able to work any shift, early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.