Solutions Consultant (Pre-sales)
Signal is looking for a super smart, charismatic and driven Solutions Consultant to fill a key role in our solutions team. The Solutions Consultant is a real spirit guide for our sales team and clients, responsible for leading and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process as well as designing new opportunities for current clients. You’ll work closely across all internal teams for this role, too.
As our future Signalite, you have a knack for understanding what marketers are trying to accomplish, how valuable those initiatives are to them, and how best to deliver them. You’ll have the business skills to interact and lead clients down the right path and the technical creativity to scheme new ways of solving business problems in the ad tech space. If all this sounds interesting to you, keep reading.
So, what would you be doing?
- Big picture, as the technical expert on all things Signal, you’ll partner with our account and sales teams throughout the upsell and sales process for new and existing business
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Assist the Sales process by completing RFIs, RFPs, and answering prospects questions related to Signal’s product, service, or engineering specs.
- Align customer goals with Signal use cases, develop technical project plans and scope implementation requirements to help them meet these goals
- Provide guidance on the technical direction to client support and account team, so all understand the how, what and the why behind our solutions
- Establish repeatable processes that can be leveraged throughout Signal to make us all more scalable and efficient
- Document, document, document our conceptual framework and technical approach to solutions and manage the transition to our ongoing support team.
- Continue to grow expertise in digital marketing data collection, segmentation and the technical underpinnings of the ad tech industry
What do we need from you?
- 7+ years of experience, at least three of which include consulting with clients to implement SaaS solutions in the marketing, media and/or ad tech spaces
- Superb presentation abilities. You are comfortable being in front of an audience and can gracefully handle challenging questions on the fly
- You have the ability to help sell technical products/solutions to an audience at all levels of technical understanding. You have strong closing instincts and skills, and a genuine excitement about Signal’s solutions
- Project management skills to carry a solution from concept to implementation and ensure the support team is able to manage on an ongoing basis
- Tenacity. You know how to get to our clients’ pain points and use your deep product knowledge to give them not just what they say they want, but what they really need. And then you get them excited to make the change
- You take the time to really understand business problems
Bonus points for having:
Experience working in the online advertising/marketing space (DMP/DSP/DMP/Attribution/Ad Servers) supporting clients and/or vendors
Strong technical writing skills, including creation of training materials and presentations to clients
Outside the obviousness of the job, like all Signalites you fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what’s asked of you, live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
Signal is the leading independent provider of data onboarding and identity resolution technology for the enterprise. Signal’s platform empowers marketers to enhance their customer experience by providing contextual relevance at all points of engagement, regardless of place or time.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world generating more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, appearing on the Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing companies each year between 2015 and 2018.
For more information, please visit: www.signal.co and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter