Service Desk Associate-II
About The Opportunity
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
GrubHub is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The GrubHub Holdings Inc. portfolio of brands includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. The company's online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from approximately 28,800 takeout restaurants in more than 600 U.S. cities and London, and every order is supported by the company's 24/7 customer service.
GrubHub Holdings Inc. has offices in Chicago, New York City and London.
With a career at GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it, too!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
The Service Desk Associate - Tier II is the key position that gets new employees up and running, as well as, keeping the existing GrubHub population technically productive. This role will need to be able to communicate with all position levels. The Service Desk Associate - Tier II will report to the Manager of the Service Desk.
- Tracking (fixed assets) and installing of new computer equipment for employees.
- Act as escalation point for Tier I techs
- Setup and support of desktop applications such as MS Office and Adobe Products.
- Solve problems for people and leave them with a smile.
- Help solve Windows / Mac / Linux Connectivity / Printer issues for individuals.
- Support GrubHub team members in person, phone, IM, and email.
- Follow documentation and direction. Complete tasks thoroughly and on time. Create documentation and training as needed
- Act as an escalation point for junior team members. Document and disseminate information to the team
- Identify gaps or problems with existing processes. Drive change
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow.
You Should Have
- Interest in supporting desktop services in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of Windows, Apple and mobile operating systems
- Imaging experience with Windows and Apple machines
- Experience onboarding new users hardware and accounts
- Software deployment and inventory systems experience - Kace or Jamf experience a plus
- Current working knowledge of Active directory a plus
- Experience with Atlassian Products ie: Jira, Confluence, Stash a plus
- Experience working with gmail and gSuite in an enterprise a plus
- Experience with Slack, Symantec PGP, ESET or Cylance a plus
- Experience working both independently or as part of a project group
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and lead projects
- Ability to accomplish tasks without direct supervision
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Experience working with virtual / remote staff members
- Ability to learn and pick up concepts quickly
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Certifications a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- 18 days of Paid Time Off
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.