Senior Manager - Energy & Utilities - Telecom
Senior Manager - Energy & Utilities - Telecom
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game-changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
We are looking for a Manager with telecommunication and networking skills, along with experience working with utility companies, to join our Energy and Utilities Practice in Chicago. West Monroe Partner’s Energy and Utilities practice is an industry specific consulting team focused on helping energy and utility clients transform and adapt to new business models. Within this team is small group of industry veterans with deep telecommunications expertise who works with our clients to develop wired and wireless communication solutions that meet the needs of client. The work that this team is involved in starts with the development of long term strategies and roadmaps and continues through to the technical expertise required to implement these large and complex networks. Through these engagements, the team is also heavily focused on the ensuring the client has the right people in the right places, and that they are supported by the right processes to successfully operate and maintain the networks.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have relevant experience and familiarity with wired and wireless telecommunication solutions commonly used within the energy and utility industry
* Have experience and expertise in smart grid and Field Area Network (FAN) initiatives
* Effectively communicate with internal resources as well as client resources through a mix of written and verbal communications
* Lead teams of five to twenty internal and external resources
* Assist in the development and management of West Monroe’s people, processes and offerings
* Develop opportunities to enhance the client relationships leading to additional business opportunities
The position requires strong consulting and project management skills and will have some or all of the following minimum responsibilities:
* Manage and/or participate in teams, including client representation, network engineers, software/solution implementers, systems integration technicians, and business consultants
* Understanding of designing, deploying, configuring and testing the appropriate hardware, software or energy related solutions
* Work outputs include helping to design workflows, new processes, data flow and integration with existing systems and business practices
* Work with customers on-site to discover and document "as is" and "to be" business process and solution design requirements for advanced telecommunications networks
* Lead vendor selections, business case development, deployment management, training and change management, strategic analysis and carry projects through from strategy to turn up, testing, training and turnover
* Contribute to the development of thought leadership and methodologies to support West Monroe’s consulting practices
* Experience with long-term operations and preventative maintenance best practices of communication networks
* Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
* Three to six years of business consulting experience and/or the delivery of complex telecommunications and/or other technical solutions
* Ability to travel Monday - Thursday (weekly) up to 70%, and be based within commutable distance to Midtown NYC office
* Prior experience managing small and medium sized teams of professional services consultants and large projects
* Experience with telecommunications hardware, software, field installations and Element or Network Management Systems is a plus
* Understand the complex and unique business models that energy and utility companies operate within
* Mature business project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions
* Extensive skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products with emphasis on Excel and Powerpoint
* Business skills: listening, clarifying, asking questions, recommending, proposing ideas and solutions
* Positive attitude, excellent customer communications skills and the ability to act on own initiative with a strong commitment to customer service
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.