SENIOR IT ANALYST, MARKETING
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting, planning and coordinating functional and technical activities related to Marketing requirements definition and testing in a primarily agile development environment. The Senior Analyst works closely with the business, vendors, and cross functional teams on project and support functions. They interface with key stakeholders and apply their technical and analytical proficiency across different stages of the development life cycle for analytics including requirements gathering, application architecture, definition and design. The Senior Analyst takes ownership of challenges and suggests innovative solutions and ideas to provide business solutions in a highly dynamic, fast paced and rewarding environment.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requirements Definition: Contributes to selection of the most appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements. Undertakes business requirements as directed, maintaining traceability back to source. Assesses them for adherence to business objectives and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Leads requirements prioritization with stakeholders. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Development Testing: Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Maintains traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Investigates requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Relationship Management: Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Identify and document business requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Help prioritize and scope deliverables, ensuring they meet the key requirements defined
- Ensure that the business and IT teams have a consistent understanding of what has to be delivered
- Collaborate with the business and IT Teams to deliver the required solution quickly and efficiently
- Take ownership and lead discussions between IT and the business teams on challenges, questions and concerns
- Assist QA in test case creation
- Recognize and discuss process improvements, innovative solutions and ideas that will assist the business team in accomplishing specific goals
- Mentor developers on the business domain
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 3+ years of experience as an Analyst in a retail environment (ideally with Marketing teams)
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Proactive and able to catch issues before failures
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product
- Strong analysis/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Able to effectively convey business scenarios to diverse audiences.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong sense of ownership, initiative, and urgency in addressing issues and following up
- Able to propose and evaluate solution alternatives, assessing the pros and cons of each approach
- Able to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)