Senior Director, Procurement
At Groupon, we spend our days developing tools that help small businesses thrive in their local communities. We’re a technology company building products that positively impact the lives of the 48MM people and 100,000 merchants that use them every single day. With thousands of employees across 18 countries, we operate at a global scale but still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking, and celebrates successes.
As the Senior Director, Procurement, you'll craft our strategic approach to the corporate, indirect procurement and Procure-to-Pay (P2P) management processes at Groupon globally. You will handle approximately $500M in annual indirect spend globally, developing new business processes and automation using our Coupa P2P software. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Procurement Officer/VP Finance and lead the various teams of Strategic Sourcing professionals at Groupon.
We are looking for someone who's done this before, who brings experience and wisdom to the table and can teach us how Procurement is done. You'll invent the way we should be doing things as our company grows.
- You'll build a global procurement organization passionate about adding value, streamlining processes and servicing internal customers.
- Analyze business plans and supply requirements to define sourcing strategies across geographies and indirect procurement categories .
- Lead negotiations on global commodity/service purchase agreements for multi-million dollar spend deals.
- Define and establish alternate supply strategies to find cost savings and/or supply support solutions.
- Lead cross-functional teams on supply chain initiatives relative to our Goods line of business.
- Prepare and present strategic sourcing strategies to senior management.
- Manage strategic supplier partnerships for our largest partners.
- Handle day-to-day purchasing activities, including working with other departments to standardize P2P processes.
- Utilize Coupa software to create and ensure compliance with key metrics for internal and supplier performance.
- Minimum 10 years' indirect procurement experience across multiple countries. In a perfect world, this means you'll be an experienced procurement leader who has overseen over $250 million indirect procurement annual spend
- MBA / Master's Degree strongly preferred
- 15+ years leading and coaching teams
- Ideally has experience with E-Commerce/Tech spend, Travel Management Companies, Commercial Real Estate and P2P software as a means to transform and automate the P2P function
- Integrity and honesty with a dedication to do what's best for the business.
- Experience in building and growing high-performing teams.
- Strong command of Excel, Data analysis tools and Financial analysis techniques
- Extensive knowledge of global sourcing trends and industry practices.
- Uncommon problem solving and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.