Senior Contact Center Manager
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are seeking a focused, high-energy leader for Restaurant Care. A critical component of Grubhub’s business, this evolving team provides account support to our restaurant network nationwide through multiple contact channels including tickets, emails, and inbound and outbound calls.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Care, you will nurture strong relationships with leaders throughout Care and other partner organizations like Sales, Product, Technology, Operations, and Accounting. You will model excellent customer service and hold your team accountable for developing expertise and providing the highest levels of professionalism and courtesy to all customers, internal and external. Additionally, you will utilize a wide range of people and operational management skills to optimize our restaurant partners’ and employees' experiences while also maintaining the health of daily and long-term goals.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Create a positive and productive team environment by expecting high performance levels, promoting empowerment and good judgment, and communicating with transparency
- Oversee all operational aspects of the team, including active and consistent daily support of employees to achieve performance goals
- Conduct regular one-on-one and team meetings, performance reviews, and other checkpoints to provide coaching and keep a pulse on the team
- Monitor performance metrics to ensure workforce alignment with company goals and objectives, including support of Care’s quality assurance program
- Manage and develop direct reports, including multiple Managers and their Leads
- Lead and inspire others to think outside of the box and develop best practices in the performance of the contact center
- Collaborate with the Care Leadership team to align on Care-wide strategy and projects
- Serve on the Senior Leader On-Call rotation, which includes 24/7 support of the operation for one or two weeks out of every quarter
- Support technology implementation projects that affect our restaurant network and the contact center operation
You Should Have
- Flexibility to work extended business hours, including some holidays throughout the year, and to serve on a 24/7 on-call rotation for a week every other month
- Some travel may be required, typically no more than 5-10 days per quarter
- Bachelor's Degree (Business, Finance Operations Management or Information Science preferred); MBA a strong plus
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in a fast moving Customer Service operation, Six Sigma/LEAN or Operational Management in a Contact Center environment; leadership in an e-commerce/technology environment is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills with a proven ability to effectively develop, coach and motivate employees
- Flexibility to adapt and to learn on a constant basis
- Fluency in contact center specific Workforce Management concepts and tools
- Ability to prioritize and work well both independently and as part of a team; ability to balance project planning with real-time problem solving and fire fighting
- Proven ability to collaborate and work well under pressure and to making sound decisions quickly in a fluid, fast-paced business environment
- Creative thinking skills with innovative and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.