Senior Associate: Software Engineering ( Cloud Methodologies and Technologies)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
- Derive, challenge, and be able to speak to detailed IT customer/application requirements.
- Proactively seek out and work to solve/avoid technical issues before project timelines are impacted.
- Work collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of, multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments.
- Manage multiple project engagements and priorities autonomously and in parallel- Understand, communicate, and challenge standards and processes where appropriate.
- Maintain working knowledge of IT industry and trends.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in IT enterprise/infrastructure architecture, engineering, operations, application development, or support
- Understand cloud methodologies and technologies and be able to design and implement in Amazon Web Services.
- History of communicating complex technical issues and concepts to different audiences and/or levels of company employees and adapting style and tone as required
- Experience negotiating, persuading, and driving issues to resolution. Builds support and agreement by engaging all interested parties and understanding their perspective(s)
- Consistently demonstrates follow-through in honoring commitments to customers and colleagues. Accepts the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Experience building, nurturing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships within cross-functional teams.
- Actively prevents problems by anticipating the impact of decisions on customers and colleagues
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!