Security Systems Engineer (O'Hare)
SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Security Systems Engineer helps to build and maintain the computer/network infrastructure that supports the day to day business operations of the project as it relates to the Access Control System. This opportunity requires an individual who can work within a team environment as well as one who is a self starter and can operate with limited supervision. This position is also responsible for providing end user technical support and assistance.
- Maintain network hardware and software for large mission critical Access Control System installation. Monitor multiple networks to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in Microsoft and Cisco environment
- Design, develop, test and implement new system software modules and enhancements to current systems
- Design, develop, test, and implement diagnostic utilities to analyze and report system status and performance.
- Monitor and evaluate overall system performance of operating system facilities, software products, computer services, and communications and networking facilities; specifies, installs and tests system components as required to enable system to meet desired performance objectives.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Work with other team members and teams to cooperatively resolve issues.
- Meet documented service level agreements.
- Other relevant duties as required.
- Proficiency in Network Design, Implementation and Support
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably with focus on Technical aspects, i.e. Network Communication Management) OR 5 year’s technical experience in an enterprise IT environment
- A+ certified or equivalent
- Experience with Cisco switch configuration and troubleshooting (configure terminal, traceroute, etc.)
- Existing Access Control System experience a plus
- SQL and VMware experience a plus
- Understanding of VLAN utilization over LAN
- Familiar with installing & supporting Windows operating systems
- Understand essential communication and security elements behind LAN/WAN/WLAN technologies
- Basic understanding of IP sub netting and network classes (Class A, B, C)
- Expert knowledge in MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, and E-mail
- Professional communication skills for client support
- Flexible schedule for On Call responsibilities
- Flexible schedule for System updates, etc. (overnight hours)
- Extremely customer service orientated with a high sense of urgency
- Desire to constantly learn and use new technical skills