We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
We’re more than just a consultancy — we’re a social community composed of individuals who bring curiosity and passion for technology; the kind that makes learning seem more like fun than work. This community thrives on continuous learning, teaching, and knowledge sharing, so we’ve implemented a “no jerks allowed” policy. We have zero tolerance for intolerance. Inclusivity is in our DNA. Far above any tech skills, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We hire genuine and good people.
The role of Resource Manager is a fundamental part of the North America Operations Team. We are a fast paced business with a wide portfolio of projects. Demand and supply work very closely together to make sure we are successfully delivering the best value to our clients whilst providing a challenging working environment for our people. We would like for this person to be located in Chicago as we have a lot of operation teams that work out of the Chicago office.
As a Resource Manager, you will own and manage project staffing, ensuring proper alignment of people to client requests and optimizing utilization. You will collaborate closely with various stakeholders, including the Demand, Account, and Talent Development teams, as well as consultants. You will have a deep understanding of our business, capabilities, and service offerings.
One point to note, while we’re advertising for a Resource Manager, we don’t think of our people as resources and strive to achieve the right balance between the needs of our clients, people, and ThoughtWorks as a business.
- Manage and validate staffing requests by working with sales leaders, account teams, consultants, people managers, and the capabilities team. Balance customer requirements, team dynamics, consultant goals, and commercial viability.
- Drive prioritization and staffing discussions. Escalate and resolve staffing challenges and conflicts across accounts and portfolios.
- Maintain weekly reporting, ensure staffing tools and data are as accurate and up to date as possible. Provide insights and metrics around utilization, people availability, capability gaps, and allocation issues.
- Build strong understanding of roles and skills needed on projects, as well as consultant capabilities and career goals.
- Collaborate with people managers on performance management process by providing input on consultant performance and feedback.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Work experience in a technical professional services environment is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills; able to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to switch contexts in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Function autonomously and collaboratively
- Flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Resourceful, with strong creative problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to provide and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- Familiarity with GSuite
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.