Production Engineer (Night Shift)
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Avant is looking for a remote Production Engineer for our night shift (12am-8am). This person would support our data warehouse and data lake applications by monitoring system health and being first responder to production issues. Over time, they would also support our global bank partners as production issues arise.
What you do at Avant
- At Avant, the Production Engineering team triages production issues, monitors application health, and is the first responder to application or system alerts.
- We keep our customers happy — and we pride ourselves on serving all areas of the company, including our external bank partners and our loan customers.
- We also look to find patterns that indicate larger overall issues, even if we don’t have the solution. To us, any question is an opportunity to either figure it out and fix it, or when we hit a wall, work with the team who can.
- You should have an interest in code and data. You’ll primarily be supporting our data warehouse applications, which are written primarily in Python and SQL and use big data technologies like Hadoop.
- We want you to not only join our day to day process, but also give the input we need to make us better. We value letting the best idea win, no matter where it comes from.
Why you are a fit for Avant
- 1+ years experience in a technical support role
- Experience using or building monitoring tools
- Able to work well independently
- Python and SQL experience
- Linux experience
- Exposure to Hadoop or the Big Data ecosystem a plus
- Able to work fast-paced, under pressure, and with time constraints
- Attention to detail and responsible ('better safe than sorry' encouraged)
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description