PC Administrator, Zoro Tools
Position: PC Administrator
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
The role of PC Administrator is to help internal employees with all facets of the corporate computing environment. The Administrator must combine an understanding of Macintosh & Windows with firsthand experience. In addition, the Administrator will be looked upon as a technical resource to compliment the manager's expertise for the assigned scope. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with technical skills are essential to providing a “white-glove” level of support to the employee community.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot software, hardware and connectivity issues and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Work on complex assignments that will include drawing in of specialized expertise whenever necessary, normally receiving no instructions on routine work or general instructions on new assignments.
- Provide technical assistance and training to system users as well as peers.
- Familiar with computer installs and imaging.
- Ability to understand & articulate root cause on customer issues; proactively provide advice to prevent future service incidents.
- The ability to maintain and manage internal inventory and assets.
- Keep Knowledge Base and process documentation up-to-date.
- Manage the individual and ticket queue for the team.
- Proactively take on projects and initiatives with minimal to no supervision.
- Often become escalation point and take on issue resolution. May act as a “specialist” in a particular discipline.
- Provide input on processes and Technology Roadmaps.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures for new assignments and may supervise the activities of a limited number of other nonexempt employees.
- Advanced knowledge (based on both training and on-the-job experience) of a wide range of computer systems software, applications (including MS Office suites), hardware, PC and OSX operating systems, and communications.
- Advanced knowledge of network computing in a Windows and OSX environment and working knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Advanced knowledge Software Distribution Systems, and related technologies.
- Outstanding ability for problem solving, diagnosis and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, superior customer handling skills and the capacity to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment; taking and following directions and completing tasks and assignments in a timely manner and with a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users effectively.
- Familiarity with encryption and security tools and triaging within this environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and/or 1-3 years work experience in related field.
- Preferred certifications: MCSA and ACMT.
- Support experience in a small to medium-sized company.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.