Patient Care Specialist
Come RISE with us! GTI is the parent company to RISE Dispensaries.
Green Thumb Industries (GTI) is a Chicago-based medical cannabis company operating successfully in 5 states around the country. We are comprised of accomplished professionals, business people, world-class entrepreneurs, and philanthropists, who are driven by the dual commitment to helping medical cannabis patients and the communities we serve. GTI’s team has proven experience operating successful businesses, long-term expertise in adhering to sustainable business practices, and a deep understanding of the law with regard to the regulatory process surrounding medical cannabis.
We are a team of people inspiring and empowering others to live their best lives. We believe that everyone deserves the dignity of health and well-being and are on a mission to provide safe, effective and therapeutic medical cannabis nationwide by operating world class cultivation facilities and customer-first retail experiences. We are committed to progressing positive social change and providing dignified access to safe and quality cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities we call home.
Join our team in Chicago, IL - North Avenue as a Patient Care Specialist. In this role, your main responsibility will be to assist patients in selecting appropriate medical cannabis products for their needs and are the product expert on duty at the store. Patient Care Specialists engage in one-on-one interaction with patients from the time they walk into the retail area until they check out and exit the store. Compliance with applicable rules and regulations as implemented by the state and GTI is required.
Our ideal Patient Care Specialists should be friendly and upbeat, much like a barista in your favorite coffee shop. It's our hope that our patients are drawn to our Patient Care Specialists because of our service, our products and our approachable and knowledgeable demeanor.
- Help customers in the retail location in accordance with GTI's mission, vision, goals, and objectives
- Follow established policies for sales and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store
- Help customers make the right choices by knowing how different methods of cannabis consumption affect our patients differently and suggesting dosage starting points and upward titration for inexperienced patients
- Complete any work assigned during scheduled shift including:
- Correct cash handling and discount application
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation and ID for patients
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point Of Sale (POS) system; Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the state's electronic verification system
- Maintenance of hard copy files (when required)
- Assistance in verifying order deliveries for accuracy
- Security measures and safety compliance
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store
- Management of visitor log
- Maintenance of open communication with the management team and other coworkers
- Reporting of employee issues or patient situations
- Provide any necessary support to the management team to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including: daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Recent and relevant hospitality and/or retail experience required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge and adherence to the policies, procedures and goals of GTI
- Ability to learn and understand cannabinoids and the natural function of the endocannabinoid system in the human body
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
- Ability to work effectively with employees, management, patients, governmental agencies, community members and the general public
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be able to available to work the hours of operation: Tuesday-Friday: 11-6; Saturday: 11-5; Sundays: 11-3.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance), may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching
Read Full Job Description