Syndigos's Director of Operations will develop and manage a team to ensure best practices, world class operational performance metrics (KPI's), and continuous improvement are at the foundation of the operations department. This role will require overseeing the Operations team, improving processes and developing new strategies to meet organizational goals.
The Director of Operations will be expected to work with Product Development teams to plan for new products and assist with innovation projects, and ensure there is collaboration and coordination between operations and commercial teams.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills (conflict resolution, confidentiality, openness to others' ideas & creative approaches), urgency (balance speed with provide exceptional support of client needs, while championing process improvement), teamwork (objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives, supports everyone's efforts to succeed), and managing people (includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement, takes responsibility, makes self available to staff, regular performance feedback, develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth, solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external), fosters quality focus in others).
This role can be based in either Syndigo's Lisle office.
- Maintain adherence to operating efficiency and customer service goals
- Inspire and motivate team members to improve performance
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems, as well as leading others to improve troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Productivity improvement experience with Six Sigma, lean manufacturing and/or other approaches that help improve efficiencies, effectiveness, timeliness and quality of data
- Business Process Reengineering rethink current approaches and redesign workflows to improve costs and/or improve quality and timeliness
- Identify ways to improve and promote quality
- Resolves problems in a timely manner
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree is required
- A minimum of 5 years work experience with a proven track record of leadership in a growth oriented data operations and creation environment
- Experience working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Above average analytical skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Very comfortable and passionate with the use of technology
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.