Office Operations Manager
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
We are looking for a rockstar Office Operations Manager who is excited to oversee our Chicago office. This is an opportunity to make an impact on the day-to-day operations as well as help creatively further our Showpad company culture. You will report to the FP&A Director, work closely with the President/COO and collaborate with other departments.
In this role, you will have to pivot from both operational as well as strategic responsibilities with the goal of keeping the employees happy and the workplace running smoothly. As we continue to grow, there will be needs to scale our internal processes and systems as well as work on larger one-off projects to help us expand in a way that is true to our values. This is a great opportunity to diversify your skill-set and get involved in different areas within a growing scale-up.
Key responsibilities as an Office Manager at Showpad
- Own the employee workplace experience including providing world-class support for all office-related needs. Ensure daily activities run smoothly, cultivating a productive and welcoming work space.
- Interface with the building’s property management as well as all of our office service vendors to keep the office in pristine condition at all times (electricity, cleaning, maintenance, etc.)
- Manage all internal events such as happy hours, company celebrations, team building, etc.
- Maintain/create relationships with food/beverage, supply and other service vendors and manage spend to ensure that we are getting the best value from our vendors. Partner with Accounting/Finance teams on vendor contracts and invoices.
- Assist team in coordinating logistics for new employees as well as managing offboarding of exiting employees
- Maintain all workplace safety programs and document operational processes, policies, controls for the business
- Offer IT assistance where needed; adding value whenever possible
- Scheduling of all corporate travel and liaison with the corporate travel agent
Skills we are looking for:
- At least 7 years experience in office coordination, general administration, or facilities operations (startup experience is preferred)
- Service oriented: can-do positive attitude, welcoming, considerate, resourceful, tech-savvy, and quick on your feet with a strong sense of ensuring that all employees and guests have a positive experience at the office.
- Embodies the attitude that no task is too small if it aids in the improvement of the company and morale
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and continuously changing work environment
Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and project management skills with a curiosity to problem solve, analyze root cause and identify corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, dependable, and proven track record of strong execution on large-scale projects and process improvement
- Experience managing budgets, saving costs, and researching better solutions.
- Project Management Skill set
- Cross collaboration and communication with different teams and offices
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing to make every sales person successful. We aim for a yearly strong double digit growth, opening up many opportunities in an international scale-up. We want those who thrive in a fast-paced, performance driven company, not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment, focused on impact and growth.