Systems Engineers ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions and customers. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all operating systems assigned. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems.Job Description
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capture all user and system requirements in order to define the design requirements specification
- Responsible for providing technical input will include: preparing low-level network designs
- Implementing and testing the service
- Providing support for the service transition
- Supporting the project managers to deliver against our business plan
- Supporting & leading the project delivery team through design of network technologies
- Provide networking technical advice and expertise to service operations & project team
- Reporting into the Team Manager and the assigned project manager for multiple projects
- Support the Team Manager through the implementation of complex infrastructure that supports our project goals
- Work with technical Colleagues and 3rd party providers to deliver the required infrastructure
- Undertake any hands-on build activity to stage and commission new equipment ready for production
- Provide expert consultation with regard to his/her area of expertise.
- Consistently provides proven, formal mentorship
- Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer managing specific asks from the customer
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Analytical Skills: Network engineers need to be able to review complicated network systems to find flaws and inefficiencies
- Attention to Detail: Network engineers have to create complex blueprints for communication networks and must make sure the systems will work together.
- Leadership Skills: Network engineers may be a leader of other engineers to create the network.
- Organizational Skills: Sometimes many different networks come together at once. Keeping them, all organized will take skill.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years’ experience of relevant work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in network architecture and deployment
- One of the following certifications CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CCDE or another equivalent vendor accreditation
- Cisco routing, switching technologies
- F5 Load Balancing or equivalent work experience
- Advanced, Knowledge of routing and switching protocols
- Understanding of ITIL
- Checkpoint/Palo Alto or other security certifications, or equivalent work experience.
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.