National Account Manager, Kroger
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to a top brand in the bar category.
National Account Manager: RXBAR National Account Managers are responsible for leading customer strategy, building relationships, and ensuring flawless execution within a national customer, while facilitating internal cross-functional collaboration to grow our business with the retailer. This role is responsible for selling and marketing all retail categories of products under the RXBAR brand.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, a strong collaborator, has great organization and communication skills, can work independently, and is hungry to grow a new brand.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute sales plans for all divisions of Kroger
- Manage every-day and promotional pricing
- Build strong relationships with HQ buyers, and divisional buyers as needed
- Prepare and meet with buyers during business reviews, and meet with regional teams as needed
- Ensure execution of new product launches, promotions, secondary placements, and in-stock levels
- Lead, train and build strong relationships with assigned brokers
Planning and Strategy-
- Work with broker partner and RXBAR’s Insights & Sales Strategy teams to understand and manage:
- In-stock Levels
- Display Compliance
- Leverage insights from Insights & Sales Strategy to elevate RXBAR’s presence throughout the stores
- Work with Channel Marketing Manager to maximize shopper marketing programs at Kroger
- Build a deep understanding of Kroger’s business. Talk to other brands, brokers and buyers, read articles related to the business
- Collaborate with Insights & Sales Strategy teams to identify trends and opportunities for brand development within Kroger.
- Work with Sales and Finance teams to build an annual sales plan and review weekly updates and progress with Director of Sales – Grocery Central
- Communicate with Sales team on objectives, new initiatives, and promotional activity at all Kroger divisions
- Understand the competitive dynamics within Kroger —discover where can we learn from leaders and find opportunities to take more share
- Actively participate in industry trade shows and customer shows
- Maintain excellent customer and RXBAR team member interdepartmental relationships
Skills & Qualifications:
- Reside in Chicago or Cincinnati – must live near major airport
- 5+ years’ experience in retail sales and merchandising in the grocery industry
- Currently working as a National Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Regional Sales Manager or equivalent position within the retail food class of trade
- Proven and successful sales management track record
- Leadership skills and competencies for advancement within the company
- Established relationships with distributor and retailer customer base
- Experience in sales and expense budgeting and management to budget
- Broker management experience
- Knowledge of the natural/organic industry
- Excellent communication skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
- Has a home office and can work remotely and independently
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings - approximately 50% of time
- Proven integrity in life/employment and honesty in dealings with others
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Occasional and event related weekend work is required
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.