Monitoring Engineer I - Azure
Responsible for creating and maintaining processes related to IT Monitoring and Event Management, primarily in a cloud-based environment. Operates within the context of defined procedures.
- Performs and implements daily operational activities that impact discrete components / processes of the Technology engineering work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Participating in improvement and monitoring of deployment operations on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Participating in evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Participating in development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of standard and advanced features.
- Participating in development of processes and interface requirements.
- Participating in data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to effectively facilitate elimination of problems / roadblocks as they occur and create efficient fixes.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish activities. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma/ GED and at least 4 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Should have min of 2 years of experience working with Azure Cloud, especially Log Analytics.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and MS Windows Administration.
- Experience with automation / configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Previous experience administering traditional monitoring and event management tools, such as: Tivoli; SMARTS Service Assurance; HP Openview (BTO); Zabbix; Solarwinds; etc.
- Familiar with networking/routing/firewalls, and how they translate to a cloud environment.
- Experience managing, administering and/or deploying to a typical Java based application environment, including experience with web servers (Apache/IBM/Oracle HTTP, NGINX, IIS); app servers (WebSphere, Jboss, Weblogic); JMS (ActiveMQ, IBM MQ, OpenJMS); JDBC; JMX; etc.
- Familiarity with relational and non-relation databases.