Manager, Sales Operations & Compensation
Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
The Sales Reporting Manager will be a key liaison between our Reporting teams and the rest of the organization.
- Managing, coaching and developing team members
- Accomplishes results through the team by communicating job expectations, strategic planning, monitoring and providing regular performance feedback
- Accountable for team’s performance, timeliness, accuracy and career growth
- Support the sales compensation plan administration including goal setting, rates, new hires, terminations, new plan implementation & testing data flow and data integrity
- Partner with sales management and communicate with the Sales organization regarding any adjustments or changes to the Sales Compensation Plans.
- Analyze the current compensation process, seek process improvements and efficiencies to drive organizational results
- Partnering with our internal teams to design performance and KPI measurement in order to help the company meet strategic and financial objectives
- Synthesize data into actionable insights, strategies, and tactics, and share findings through reports / presentations with stakeholders
- Identify, standardize and automate integration of critical reporting metrics and adapt current reports and metrics to support evolving business needs and opportunities; Provide consultation and training on reports to ensure their use and effectiveness among users
- Identify, define and lead ad hoc analysis as needed to support evolving business requirements and to provide timely business insights
- Partner with data teams across the organization. Work with them to obtain metrics for reporting and analytics
- Strong communication/organization skills
- Ability to coach and develop a team in order to support our various sales and operations teams across our organization
- Strong ability to analyze, evaluate and problem solve
- Experience supporting sales and business departments
- Research and apply decision-making judgment to resolve moderately complex commission questions and issues.
- Develop new and creative solutions for the compensation for Sales and Account Manager positions which do not fit squarely in prescribed/approved Commissions Plans.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Tableau preferred
- Experience working with data systems such as Peoplesoft, Salesforce and Business Intelligence reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or industry experience equivalent. MBA a plus.
- Measuring and reporting on metrics related to sales organizations and/or customer service required
- Managing and/or administering sales compensation plans
- 2+ years leading, coaching and motivating teams preferred
- Leading a team that is responsible for producing large number of reports that touch multiple levels and facets of an organization preferred
- Reporting and display analytics preferred
- Experience with Tableau strongly preferred
- Data automation and clean up – identifying needs and working with IT and other partners to achieve this request preferred