Manager of Customer Support
BenchPrep is seeking a talented Manager of Customer Support to join our growing team! As the Manager of Customer Support, you're passionate about providing a phenomenal support experience to our enterprise clients. This includes leading, supervising and mentoring our Customer Support Specialists that are working with customers and product related issues – whether it's answering questions, troubleshooting issues or escalating customer alerts. Additionally, you'll manage (and improve) the tools, processes and documentation needed to best support our clients and enable the Customer Support Specialists.
What You'll do as the Manager of Customer Support:
- Provide guidance to direct reports
- Recruit and train new reports
- Ensure customers receive consistent and reliable service and support during each interaction.
- Ensure clarity around priorities and goals for the entire portion of support
- Ensure support documentation is helpful, up to date and accessible in a meaningful format
- Communicate goal results and key performance indicators to direct reports and drive your teams towards success
- Manage escalations and coordinate resolution efforts with key stakeholders (internal and external) by working cross-functionally to ensure issue ownership, action items, and communications get fulfilled.
- Handle difficult or escalated customer issues with diplomacy and tact, ensuring issues are resolved in an effective, professional, and timely manner.
- Build and manage systems that deliver services aligning with SLA adherence
- Innovate and improve continuously to meet the growing needs of our customers
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years experience managing support professionals providing SaaS support
- 3+ years experience in a technical support role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional time management skills
- Passion for leading and working with others and having a role in the professional growth of others
- Ability to be decisive and take action in any situation
- Familiarity with popular help desk software and ticketing messaging systems
- An effective leader and team player with a high level of initiative and the ability to work well in a team environment
Why Work at BenchPrep?
We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to its mission and approach each day as an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.
BenchPrep helps the world's leading education, training, and assessment companies build and deliver best-in-class online learning programs. Customers include ACT, Becker Professional Education, AAMC, CFA Institute, CompTIA, ProLiteracy, HR Certification Institute, Hobsons, McGraw Hill Education, OnCourse Learning, and GMAC.
We’re paving our own path to success in a new and growing field. We strive to learn every day, whether we’re creating content or our latest study tool. Our creative spirit rewards risk-taking, and our collaborative culture provides transparency and meaningful feedback. We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our office.