Lead Voice Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Successful candidate will be responsible for engineering, design, deployment and support of Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions for the Discover Financial Services organization. Position will lead and implement technical projects to reduce cost, improve service or provide innovated business solutions consistent with business strategies. This person will play a critical role in helping to transform and evolve our product suite to meet the needs of the future.
Responsible for operating, administering and managing the day-to-day operations and support of our Call Center call routing strategies and related infrastructure for our Business Partners. Designs, implements and maintains the Call Routing Configurations, Scripting and 24 x 7 infrastructure/business support for these Call Center systems.
- Troubleshoots issues related to voice platforms, including high-priority and production-impacting situations.
- Escalation to vendors and/or Voice Engineering and implementation teams as needed. Participates in RRTs and providing updates to management, command center, business and BT Sr. management regarding problem resolution.
- Performs proactive and reactive monitoring and support of the enterprise telephony platforms and related Call Routing configurations and strategies. Performs regression testing on changes/installs and patches in the environment. 24 x 7 on-call support for business and infrastructure issues involving call flow and call flow-related infrastructure.
- Administration, Configuration and Scripting of telephony infrastructure applications and devices including but not limited to, AT&T Route-It, Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE), Cisco Intelligent Contact Manager (ICM), Noble Systems Dialers and Cisco Call Manager platforms.
- Works closely with business partners to help document, design, configure and implement call routing strategies. Accurately maintains incident queue, escalation calls and supports requests from Service Catalog and Command Center.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies.
- Prepare project design and technical documentation for leadership
- Maintain and develop relationships with clients and vendor partners such as Cisco or Microsoft
- Enhance and improve existing infrastructure through automation and reporting
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and Telephony/Call Center Studies, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in call center, utilizing Cisco ICM/UCCE platforms specifically, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years or an equivalent combination of education and call center experience, utilizing Cisco ICM/UCCE platforms specifically, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
CCNP Collaboration Desired, 7+ years’ experience in UC/ Collaboration
Strong network foundation and understanding of VoIP, Protocols, Codecs, Media, QoS, etc.
- Webex Cloud and Hybrid Services
- Cisco Collaboration Suite: Unified Communications Manager, Unified IM and Presence, Emergency Responder, Unity Connection, Session Manager
- SIP Proxies/ Voice Gateways /CUBE
- Carrier Connectivity and SIP Trunking
- VCS Expressway and Mobile Remote Access
- Voice and Video Collaboration endpoints
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!