Lead Asset Manager
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for providing program management support for the asset management processes. Leads hardware and software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, lifecycle planning, and costing. Designs hardware asset databases that support budgeting, inventory, and contract management.
- Develops asset management standards, plans, and procedures. Ensures methods and processes are properly approved and communicated to staff.
- Coordinates data between systems and ensures data integrity.
- Provides support to the asset management system. Ensures the system is operating according to system specifications. Provides consultative support for systems that use asset management data.
- Analyzes and organizes hardware model libraries. Establishes categorization of technology equipment and ensures that procurement, technology, and data center management systems are in synch.
- Evaluates contracts and purchase orders. Reviews hardware maintenance and asset information metrics. Monitors and manages exceptions for the hardware and software asset receiving processes. Escalates receipt issues and associated invoice concerns to the appropriate partners.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Asset Management, Procurement, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Asset Management, Procurement, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Asset Management, Procurement, or related field
- Certified Software/Hardware Asset Manage, or related certification
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.