IT Team Lead
The IT Team Lead will work as part of a team to develop and manage infrastructure and network operations with the desire to help develop the direction of IT Infrastructure at Narrative Science (NS). This role will also perform routine IT support tasks as a small subset of its total duties.
This role will be on NS’s DevOps team, a group of engineers who are responsible for NS’s security, infrastructure, cloud computing, networking and IT support. The DevOps team works together with, and supports, all NS engineering and business operations.
- Administration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software
- Responsible for exception resolution of core systems including but not limited to:
- Corporate networking
- Enterprise Wifi
- VOIP phone system technologies
- Act as an escalation resource for user and vendor issues reported to the IT help desk
- Ensure acceptable levels of performance and availability of mission critical resources
- Maintain our AWS VPC environment
- Mentor or potentially manage other IT team members
- Partner with security lead to develop and maintain procedures to secure and protect systems from unauthorized use
- Proactively support team building and onboarding efforts via mentoring contributions
- Maintain high quality documentation and ensure procedures are repeatable. Train technical staff on new systems
- Stay current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommend ways to take advantage of new technology
- 3 years experience with medium-sized data center operations
- An in-depth knowledge of Windows and Linux operations
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills with TCP/IP networks, firewalls (layer 2-7), NAT, and other standard infrastructure components such as load balancers, proxies, and switches
- In depth working knowledge of common Protocols including: TCP/IP, SSH, FTPs, sFTP, SSL/ TLS, RADIUS, DNS, VPN, VOIP, DHCP, IPSec, Kerberos
- Able to support hosted platforms such as: Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, JIRA, Confluence in an AWS environment
- Knowledge of business security policies and procedures
- Experience with monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS
- Understanding of configuration management frameworks such as: Ansible, Chef, Puppet or another automation tool
- Working knowledge of data loss and intrusion prevention strategies
- Ability to support existing OpenLDAP, SSL and Kerberos implementations
- Exposure to bash or another high-level scripting language
About Narrative Science:
Narrative Science is the leader in advanced natural language generation (Advanced NLG) for the enterprise. Quill, its Advanced NLG platform, learns and writes like a person, automatically transforming data into Intelligent Narratives—insightful, conversational communications full of audience-relevant information that provide complete transparency into how analytic decisions are made.
Narrative Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.