IT System Administrator
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI is a high-growth company in a brand-new industry looking to build our first internal IT department. As a green field project this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to help design the systems and team that you have always wanted to be a part of. The System Administrator will work collaboratively with the VP of technology and will put your skills in systems, automation, networking, and communication to work building the best possible solutions that will help GTI continue its rapid growth and success. As a System Administrator you are a problem solver and genuinely like helping team members work through issues with their computer systems, software, hardware, etc.
- Manage, maintain and monitor the global internal & external (cloud) systems and infrastructure
- Design and deploy systems for 70+ manufacturing and retail locations
- Create infrastructure documentation and keep it up to date on our team wiki
- Automate everyday IT help-desk and system administration tasks such as patching, support, software installation, etc.
- Work closely with the department head to design, build, test, and then deploy our systems
- Manage your own IT projects and take full ownership
- Sync your activities and share your experience with a diverse team
- Provide different training to application users and managers
- A bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field
- Good communication & troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrable deep knowledge in at least one of the following:
- Office365 and AD administration
- MDM administration of Windows 10 and Apple devices
- Enterprise scale networking
- Identity Management
- Automation systems
- Experience with monitor and alerting systems
- The ability to work flexible, independently as well as in a team
- Passion for IT
- The desire to grow yourself, your team and the company
- Server 2016 MCSA
- Deep knowledge of PowerShell or Python scripting
- Linux or FreeBSD experience
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description