IT Support Specialist
GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. We encourage employees to do their best work through innovation and risk taking. Our environment is fun yet constructive, thanks to leaders whose doors are always open. And most importantly, we’ll never stop investing in you and your career.
The IT Support Specialist is part of a team of IT professionals who provide leadership in maintaining a well-functioning technical environment and the in-house technical hardware, software and system support required by that operational environment. Members of this team work with a variety of equipment and systems including desktops, laptops, network connectivity, and Windows/Mac/Linux software.
The person in this position will take pride in proactively fine-tuning our environment to anticipate and avoid technical issues as well as rapidly responding to technical issues impacting key business operations. They will spend the majority of their time engaged with staff and systems, understanding technical needs, performing workstation installations, providing desktop support and system maintenance, troubleshooting connectivity issues, supporting office/email applications, and addressing other network-wide and desktop-level issues. They provide technical support in activities associated with the identification, prioritization and resolution of reported problems, whether general maintenance / low-complexity IT problems or more complex issues identified and escalated to a higher level of support.
The qualifications and information found in this job description do not encapsulate all requirements of the position, but provide a basis for the general requirements expected in qualifying for and performing in an IT Support Specialist role at GoHealth.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience
- Exceptional customer service, communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proactive attitude and demonstrated track record of initiative in improving the technical aspects of an operational environment
- 4+ years of Active Directory experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems (7, 10) and Microsoft Office Suites
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2012 -2016
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN and basic VoIP concepts
- Familiarity with WDS disk imaging technology
- Familiarity with a virtualized environment
- Have experience or be familiar with network infrastructure such as switches, wireless routers and firewalls
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures and regulations relating to job duties
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as part of the broader IT Team
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time as required.
- Troubleshooting of laptops, desktops and peripheral equipment
- Troubleshooting and replacement of failing equipment
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of software
- Operating System optimization and preventative maintenance tasks
- Resolution of help desk tickets in a timely, appropriate manner
- Support new hire and termination processes
- Familiarity with working in a call center environment is a plus
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer