Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI is looking for a IT Manager to play a key role on our growing technology team. The primary responsibility will be to proactively own the relationship between our outsourced help desk vendor and GTI. You will also be responsible for partnering with various business units in the delivery of IT related projects for our corporate and field locations. The IT Manager will ensure timeliness, quality of support, assist with technical project management and strategy, be an escalation point and look for opportunities to improve the business. We are a fast paced start up and the IT Manager will be expected to work quickly and effectively, while balancing multiple priorities and provide technical assistance to the GTI with a positive attitude and friendly demeanor.
This role is located in our Chicago HQ and is not a telecommute role.
- Maintain relationship with outsourced IT firm through weekly review meetings and tracking of internal employee satisfaction
- Act as a gatekeeper and escalation point between GTI employees and the outsourced firm
- Maintain documentation pertaining to IT help desk vendor.
- Act as first point of contact to CEO, executive, and leadership employees on IT or Help Desk issues
- Source all IT equipment – including negotiation of purchases and contracts totaling in ~$1 million
- Monitor & Forecast employee equipment needs up to 4 months in advance
- Sync activities and share experience with a diverse team
- Some travel required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-5 years’ experience in progressive enterprise IT function with a focus on help desk , 2+ years in supervisory or management role
- Proven background in supporting enterprise-scale infrastructure, technologies and applications
- Understand IT fundamentals including Active Directory, Office365, Virtualization, Networking, Telephony
- Strong project management experience in application rollouts, network remediation, and facility openings
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description