IT Helpdesk - Tier 1
Guaranteed Rate is one of the ten largest retail mortgage lenders in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer
service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 2,500 employees in 175 offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $65 billion in home purchase loans and refinances since 2000.
Guaranteed Rate was ranked No. 1 in Scotsman Guide’s “Top Mortgage Lenders 2013” honors, and was recognized by Inc. magazine as the No. 4 private company job creator in the U.S. in 2013.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company.
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated IT Helpdesk Technician - Tier 1 in Chicago, IL to join our innovative and passionate Help Desk team.
- Answer ACD Help Desk calls from GR employees and log a ticket for every call
- Log/document all inquiries reported to the GR Help Desk, with the goal of resolving as many on first contact as possible, but then
- escalating to next level support as necessary
- Follow-up on previously reported cases which have been escalated to other support teams to ensure they are being responded to and
- resolved in a timely manner
- Keep peers and clientele informed of trends, significant issues, and unexpected delays to support requests
- When applicable, perform desk side support in local office for problems that were not resolved over the phone and/or for machines
- shipped in for repair
- Perform level one software support and administration for third-party products.
- Troubleshoot basic problems with supported systems and applications - identify, explain and resolve problems
- Adhere to and recommend improvements to the operational environment based on a working knowledge (e.g., jobs, schedule, hardware,
- software, etc.)
- Maintain standard operating processes and procedures
- Assess and provide support in a dynamic environment
- Perform Saturday coverage on a rotational basis
- Contribute articles regularly or as applicable to Help Desk Knowledgebase
- Bachelor degree in Computer or Information Science, Technical School or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years’ work experience in a first level IT Help Desk role
- Experience in relevant Microsoft technologies, including Active Directory, Exchange 2007, Office 2007/2010/365, SharePoint and Remote
- support tools
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (Windows 8 would be a plus)
- Experience in configuring/troubleshooting basic desktop and laptop PC hardware including swapping hard drives, adding RAM, and
- installing/configuring monitors
- Experience in basic Networking troubleshooting skills including LAN, WAN,TCP/IP addressing, subnetting, and routing concepts,
- including wireless
- Service oriented mentality with a strong customer focus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences
- Strong problem solving abilities with the ability to use sound judgment when escalating incident and problems
- Strong ability to multitask while taking live ACD phone calls, may require handling several remote sessions with different users at the
- same time
- Be flexible with shift hours to allow for ample Help Desk coverage when others are out of the office.
Read Full Job Description