Insurance Customer Advocate (P&C Licensed)
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Customer Advocate?
Customer Advocates (CAs) at Clearcover have an important and unique role – to help the customer resolve all questions or issues they have with our products and services. This isn’t the old “please hold while I find someone with the right script” type of customer service job. It’s a “let’s get creative and solve your problem together” kind of position.
For this role, we're looking for someone that is already a licensed P&C agent and looking to move to a fast-paced, exciting startup culture.
What will you do?
- Manage large amounts of incoming and outgoing customer interactions (calls, texts, chats, social media outreach)
- Identify and assess customers’ needs through relatively unstructured interaction
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, follow up to ensure resolution
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts, and file documents
- Deliver on Clearcover’s promise to our customers by actually solving their problems (also paying attention to a few service level guidelines and policies)
What do you need?
- P&C insurance license required
- Proven customer support/success experience or experience as a client service representative and track record of providing excellent customer care
- Strong active listening skills; able to communicate clearly through phone conversations
- Capable of writing with impact through email, text, chat, or social media
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- College degree preferred
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- While we don't match yet, our 401(K) is pretty slick
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social