Information Technology (IT) Professional
Truss is a leading online marketplace to help small and medium sized business owners find, tour and lease space. Our tech-enabled platform and our people help you find the right space for the best price in record time. Our technology enables business owners to find the right space confidently by comparing spaces in our marketplace. Truss also offers dedicated brokers who act as the point person throughout the seamless process. Plus, we are the only platform to offer price transparency for small business owners, which means we’re the only site to compare pricing on traditional office space and coworking space.
To date, Truss has received $24 million of venture funding and has grown rapidly to over 45 employees in just over 2 years. Truss offers a culture that is based on growth and innovation and offers terrific benefits including a 401k match, low-cost healthcare benefits, and the ability to lay the groundwork for growth with a world-class tech team. And the industry has taken notice – we won CRE Tech Awards for Best Listing Marketplace and Tech-Enhance Brokerage, along with a Chicago Innovation Award.
For more information about Truss, visit us at www.truss.co.
Truss is seeking an information technology professional to handle all aspects of the company’s information technology needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide first line support for all employees regarding laptops, Mac OS, IOS and Android.
- Build, maintain and support all laptops for the company (physical and all installed software).
- Analyze, design and implement a Mac laptop build and management solution.
- Manage Office365, Microsoft Exchange and Dropbox business accounts.
- Manage BitDefender or an alternative Mac anti-virus solution for all laptops.
- Manage office firewalls, switches, WiFi routers, in-office wiring and physical IT equipment.
- Manage all third-party software licenses (Adobe, Apple, etc.)
- Design and implement an on-going security program to ensure the integrity of the IT environment.
- Design, document and implement all IT policies and procedures.
- Assist other departments with technical tasks and their related applications (Operations, Marketing which uses Zendesk, web content management system, Slack and Basecamp).
- Participate in assisting with technical tasks in the Development environment/systems (DevOps).
- Current IT professional with at least 3 years of technical job experience.
- Technical college degree and/or certification(s) in Information Systems or equivalent.
- Strong technical acumen and ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn new technologies and evaluate solutions quickly.
- Strong analytical skills
- Technically proficient with Office 365/Exchange/Office desktop apps, MacOS, IOS and Android OS.
- Experience with device management, anti-virus, firewall and Layer 2 infrastructure.
- Understanding and experience with information security.
- Process and results oriented.
- Very responsive and available to employee and executive requests/requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Attractive compensation + bonus plan and group benefits (which include health, dental, vision, short-term disability, voluntary life insurance, Flexible Spending, 401(k) match and an expense account). This role is located in our Evanston, IL office.