Tock is changing the way restaurants,wineries, and event organizers think about and run their business. This includes a robust reservation, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes across the globe.
Tock was founded with the idea there was a better way for guests to book reservations. Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star, and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Nick started work on a crude reservation system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine around the world.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of September):
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 20 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over $337 million in prepaid reservations
Do you enjoy helping others solve problems? Do you want to help make great experiences even more memorable? If you said “I do!” to those questions, then we have a place for you on our team.
We are growing our Hospitality Team and we need a thoughtful and dedicated person to assist our restaurant partners. You will be tasked with providing product guidance and working to resolve a variety of issues. As the face of Tock, you will be front and center of customer success, filtering issues and brainstorming solutions with members of all internal teams. Additional duties will require rotating on-call shifts to keep our customers supported 24/7.
As the first line of assistance to our worldwide community of restaurants, wineries, bars, and hotels, you will quickly become a service industry expert. Which means you are not just an ordinary customer service provider, but you help shape the future of Tock by working closely with our designers and engineers to constantly improve our product and services.
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving & writing skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Customer-centric problem solver
- Must be detail oriented
- 3 years of customer-facing experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding of terminology used in the hospitality industry
- Experience using CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Flexibility & open availability for scheduling
- Foreign language communication skills, specifically Spanish
- Manage incoming case volume and help resolve customer issues
- Meet and maintain service level agreements
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and manage customer success
- Collect customer feedback, feature requests, and share findings across Tock product and engineering teams
- Rotating on-call schedule
- Organize, investigate, and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner
- Quality Assurance for new features being released
- Initiate and coordinate escalation and incident management
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Pre-tax transit benefit
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Healthy snacks and nitro coffee on tap
- BYOD (bring your own dog)