Help Desk Manager
SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Help Desk Manager's role is to lead and motivate the Help Desk Team to deliver outstanding technical and non-technical support in a manner that is both timely and satisfying to the End User. This includes the identification, standardization and management of procedures related to the categorization, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests as well as the monitoring and coordination of Help Desk functions. The Help Desk manager will report to the Project Executive.
Through a proficiency in Help Desk principles, customer service and ITIL best-practices, and proven communications, analytical, and problem-solving skills, the Help Desk Manager will help the Client manage, oversee and, when necessary, refine Help Desk Center policies to conform to Client Service Level Requirements (SLRs) and Agreements (SLAs). The Help Desk Manager is expected to be adept in managing and overseeing all phases of IT projects, including the selection of skilled technical staff and support of all Change Management Policy requirements. He/she will demonstrate the skills to effectively negotiate scope changes and to determine how each task should be handled and by whom.
- Determine transitional plan and issues regarding facilities, layout and integration with other non-consolidated Help Desks work with the client to design appropriate workflows within ServiceNow to help support other non-consolidated help desks
- Monitor/track incident progress through to final closure and record/update incident record status as appropriate
- Maintain current and historical records of all calls and the resolution of those calls for the life of the contract and provide reporting and trend capabilities
- Configure and improve call distribution and call flow (e.g., IVR, ACD) needed to collect, track, and manage Service Requests and Help Desk Incidents received by the Help Desk
- Work with a developer to configure ServiceNow ITSM to automate incident management, problem management, workflows between support teams and to collect and report on SLA and performance metrics
- Staff appropriately trained Help Desk staff for Level 1 and Level 2 remote support with 24x7 coverage
- Work with the ServiceNow administrator to configure ServiceNow functionality to optimize Service Desk workflow and support reporting requirements.
- Coordinate the Root Cause Analysis process on recurring and Severity 1 and 2 Incidents
- Provide Single Point of Contact (SPOC) call-in access for all Help Desk Services
- Provide Single Point of Contact (SPOC) and coordination for all Incident reports and requests for information and Service (e.g., IMACs)
The Help Desk Manager will manage the Help Desk team to deliver the following:
- Identify, escalate (e.g., Level 2 and Level 3 escalation), manage Incident Resolution and Close Incidents and Service Requests including those escalated to Third Parties
- Provide technical staff and End Users with training related to the implementation of new products and Services per requirements
- Monitor Incident Management systems for automatically generated and logged Incident alerts and events
- Resolve incidents on the first call in accordance with the Procedures Manual, knowledge database documents, and configuration database(s)
- Identify and classify Incidents to a severity level and handle according to agreed-upon Incident response procedures
- Diagnose and resolve incidents; employ desktop remote-control capability with user’s approval and disconnect when complete. Where possible, implement appropriate corrective actions for known errors (e.g., workarounds for known unresolved Problems)
- Escalate incidents to the appropriate next-level service group
- Provide end-to-end Incident Identification, Escalation and Resolution Management; and a Closure Process including the management of those tickets escalated to third parties
- Assist End Users with questions relating to functionality and use of in-scope End User hardware and software
- Document solutions to resolved incidents in central knowledgebase. Accurately update all information pertinent to trouble ticket including general verbiage, codes, etc.
- Manage user accounts as needed for access and maintain network resources (e.g. logon user-id and password maintenance)
- Provide initial review (level 1) of security incidents and the determination if escalation to the Information Security (level 2, 3 support) is warranted
- Perform Password Resets as required, in accordance with specified security policies
- Monthly reporting and quarterly executive-level reporting
- 4 year college degree in relatable field and/or relevant professional experience
- 7+ years of experience managing a 5000+ user environment over multiple sites
- Staff management experience of Help Desk resources
- Experience with configuring ACD, IVR, etc.
- Experience with ITSM management systems and reporting
- Experience with ServiceNow preferred
- ITIL certification a plus